Updated September 10, 2020.
As we navigate the uncertainties around the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to ensure we are all doing our part to mitigate the spread to keep ourselves, roommates, family, and friends healthy and safe. In order to support this effort, here are the current protocols to be followed at EPOCH Clemson.
What to do when a positive case is identified in your Apartment:
- INFORM: Immediately inform your roommates of the positive test result as well as sending an email to our office so that we may take necessary precautions. You can notify the office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 864-986-6260.
- CLEAN/DISINFECT: Clean and sanitize everything immediately using gloves, masks, and antibacterial cleaning products. Our office is equipped with sanitizing fogging devices that can be used inside of your apartment, however in order to use it we will require that all residents vacate to their vehicles or away from the space for 15 minutes so that this can take place and allow for the fog to subside before re-entering. This can be done upon request.
- QUARANTINE: The resident testing positive should remain quarantined in their individual bed space for 10-14 days from the onset of symptoms and limit the use of the common area. If any of the roommates were in close contact with the individual it is recommended that you also quarantine and monitor yourself for symptoms.
- WEAR A MASK: When accessing the common space of your unit or if there is an urgent/required to need to leave your apartment, a mask must be worn at all times to mitigate any spread. We also ask that you communicate with your roommates when needing to use the common space so that others can vacate in order to follow physical distancing guidelines.
- Outside guests should not be permitted to visit during a quarantine period.
- The use of any amenity areas or visits to the office should be suspended until your quarantine period is complete. This includes both the individual that has tested positive as well as roommates that they have come in contact with. Should you have a package that is delivered to MAIL, notify our office and we will bring it to your door.
- If you have a maintenance request, please enter the request online in your resident portal. For the safety of our staff, please inform the team of the COVID case in the entry notes.
- If there is an urgent or emergency maintenance request that must be addressed during your quarantine a member of our maintenance or management team will work to coordinate a time that our maintenance team members can safely enter your unit to address the issue.
As partners in the effort to avoid the potential to spread of COVID-19, we ask that you follow the below guidelines from the CDC and WHO:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid touching your face with your hands during or after social interaction.
- Practice physical distancing.
- Avoid group gatherings. Group gatherings wear physical distancing is not able to be followed are not permitted on the property.
- Use sanitizing wipes and other cleaning products to disinfect surfaces throughout your unit.
- Stay home when you are sick or have been around others who may be sick.
We realize that many of these requests and recommendations can impede and be seen as an inconvenience, however we all need to do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to those closest to us. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team and we will be happy to assist.
Thank you in advance for your compliance in following these protocols.
EPOCH Clemson Team
Should you need to reach a member of our team, day or night, you may do so via the following:
- Phone (both during and after office hours): (864) 986-6260
- Email: email@example.com
- Social Media: @epochclemson
- Website Contact Form
We appreciate your patience and fortitude during this fluid situation.