How would you like to be the winner of a 2019 Sea-Doo Spark? EPOCH Clemson is giving away to one lucky winner the option of a 2019 Sea-Doo or $4,000 cash prize.
The winner of the giveaway will be given the opportunity to either take the 2019 Sea-Doo or take the cash prize in order to assist with education expenses, housing, or anything that they deem to help them in their journey.
Option 1: 2019 Sea-Doo Spark w/ Rotax 900 ACE
Option 2: $4,000 Cash
Who can enter?
Must be 18 years old
Actively enrolled at Clemson University or Tri-County Tech
Must have a valid Student ID
How to enter?
Take a Tour
Leasing Office located at 376 College Ave.
Both Student and Guarantor applications required
Complete Lease Agreement
Both Student and Guarantor (if applicable) signatures required
Mail in a Postcard
Include your Full Name, Email Address, and Cell Phone Number
Tag 2 Friends on Sea-Doo Instagram Post
A Direct Message (DM) will be sent to collect your Full Name, Email Address, Phone
Text SeaDoo (not case sensitive) to 47464
After SeaDoo type your Full Name, Email Address, and Cell Phone Number
Contest will close March 7, 2019 at 11:59 pm ET –
Winner will be announced March 8, 2019
The following are the official rules (the “Official Rules”) for the EPOCH Sea-Doo Giveaway. By participating, each participant agrees as follows:
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The EPOCH Sea-Doo Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry and who are enrolled as a full-time student at Clemson University or Tri-County Technical College (each, a “Participating School”) and in good standing with a valid student ID as of March 7, 2019 to be eligible for a Promotion prize. Employees and non-employee workers of the Valeo Group and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents, and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Promotion or production or distribution of Promotion materials (the “Promotional Parties”), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor and Administrator: Sponsor: EPOCH Clemson, LLC 1001 Morehead Square Drive Suite 320 Charlotte, NC 28203. Administrator: EPOCH Clemson, LLC 1001 Morehead Square Drive Suite 320 Charlotte, NC 28203.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Promotion constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the Promotional Parties’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein and winners are subject to the Official Rules of this Promotion. In the event that any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by any of the Promotional Parties in their
sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she may be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Promotional Parties for the stated value of a prize if such a violation is found after costs have been incurred on behalf of a winner.
- Timing: The Promotion begins on September 1, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on March 7, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
- How to Enter: Beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on September 1, 2018, until 11:59 p.m. CST on March 7, 2019, you may enter the Promotion in any of the following ways: (i) by completing a written registration form for and completing a tour with a Sponsor representative of EPOCH Clemson Apartments and complete a Guest Card; (ii) by completing a written application (student and guarantor) to lease an apartment at EPOCH Clemson Apartments; (iii) by completing a lease agreement (student and guarantor) with Sponsor to lease an apartment at EPOCH Clemson Apartments; (iv) send a text reading “Sea-Doo” (not case sensitive) and confirm whether you have secured housing for the next year after the word “Sea-Doo” that includes your full name, telephone number, and email address to 47464; (v) tagging 2 friends on the Sea-Doo post on the Instagram social media network and respond to the DM you receive with your full name, telephone number, email address, and whether you have secured housing for the next year; or (vi) by sending via the U.S. Mail (postage prepaid) a postcard or 3” x 5” card with the following information (in the following order): your full name, your email address, your street address, city, state, zip code, and telephone number, and confirm whether you have secured housing for the next year to the following address: EPOCH Clemson, LLC, ATTN: EPOCH SEA-DOO GIVEAWAY, 1001 Morehead Square Drive Suite 320, Charlotte, NC 28203. For entry methods that require the identification of a student and a guarantor, the person identified as the “student” is the sole entrant. Any form of entry must be received by the Sponsor during the Promotion Period to be eligible for entry
SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Prize: Sponsor will award a single prize, a 2019 model year Sea-Doo Spark personal watercraft with a Rotax 900 ACE engine in the Licorice and Mango Color (or such other color as Sponsor selects in its sole discretion) and with accessories (if any) to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion (the “Grand Prize”). The estimated Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize is approximately $6,600. Sponsor may substitute a personal watercraft of with different specifications, provided that the substituted personal watercraft has an approximately equivalent Approximate Retail Value. The prize is nontransferable. At the written request of the Grand Prize Winner, Sponsor will allow the substitution of a single payment in the amount of Four Thousand Dollars and no cents ($4,000) as a full and complete substitution of the Grand Prize (the “Cash Substitution”). For avoidance of doubt, each entrant acknowledges and agrees
that the Cash Substitution amount is different than, and less than the Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize. Only one prize, either the Grand Prize or the Cash Substitution, will be awarded. No other substitution of the Grand Prize or the Cash Substitution, transfer, or assignment of the Grand Prize or the Cash Substitution to others, or requests for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of the Grand Prize or the Cash Substitution constitutes permission for Sponsor and the Promotional Parties to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, are the sole responsibility of Winner.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The Grand Prize winner (the “Winner”) will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor of all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period (such person selected is the “Winner”). The drawing will be conducted on or about March 8, 2019. The Winner will be notified by Sponsor on or after March 8, 2019, by attempting to contact the Winner at the email and/or telephone number provided at the time of the Promotion entry. The Winner has until March 29, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time to claim the Grand Prize. Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the Grand Prize from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the Grand Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Receipt by the Winner of the Grand Prize offered in this Promotion is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE GRAND PRIZE, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Winner requirements: Any Grand Prize Winner will be able to claim the Grand Prize after completing the following requirements: (i) enrollment at a Participating School as a full time (12+ hours/semester), degree-seeking student, and (ii) presenting evidence of status as an enrolled student in good standing at a Participating School. Winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a non-disclosure agreement, and release of liability and publicity (where permitted by law), and return same, fully executed, before delivery of the Grand Prize.
- Rights Granted by You and Publicity: Any Grand Prize Winner will be able to claim the Grand Prize after completing the following requirements: (i) enrollment at a
participating School as a full time (12+ hours/semester), degree-seeking student, and (ii) presenting evidence of status as an enrolled student in good standing at a Participating School. Winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a non-disclosure agreement, and release of liability and publicity (where permitted by law), and return same, fully executed,
before delivery of the Grand Prize.
- General Conditions: If for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized
intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, operation, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, and select the winners, from the entries received prior to the action taken or in other such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Promotion, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective agents and agencies, promotional partners, prize partners, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or use of the Grand Prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing or judging of entries; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or
indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or the use or misuse of any Grand Prize (including related travel). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Each entrant and the Winner agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or its associated winner selection and/or notification shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, or the appropriate North Carolina state court located in Charlotte, North Carolina; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages
multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
- Winner List: For a winner list, visit www.epochclemson.com. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.